I realize that I am not the master of content, churning out daily posts or even weekly posts. But I think it was time for something.
I could go down a list of thing of how we got to this point but let me filter out the more technical highlights.
Things that have kept me busy since the last post:
- Fall Semester started - now is almost over, couple more days.
- Limited packetfence work other that keep it running. FreeRadius issue - patched with restart script
- Cloud storage vendor change
- Twinstrata implementation - Lots of data move from one provider to another
- Office 365 Implementation - Still in process
- Initial setup was contracted, production migrations up to us
- Migrations scheduled into early next year (2014)
- Personal device Printing - Still in process
- IOS/AirPrint - Papercut
- Bonjour over Cisco controller based wireless
- Family - busy with activities for the kids
With Christmas break coming up, unlike some who get a change freeze, I get a change window, including some during the middle of the day.
Looking forward past the current items:
- Testing of new gear
- Airtight AP - received that in late November, have to dig into the interface to see all the nerd knobs
- Brocade switches
- Received 2 - 6610 and 2 - 3450 switches to evaluate uses as campus switches
- The 6610 has the potential to be used as a core replacement, with the stacking and L3 features.
- Getting back to OpenDaylight.
- Writing a few more posts. The list above has more than enough topics to write on, just have to do it.
If anyone picked up on that little tidbit a few lines back, yes my core switch is slated for EOS in a couple years, so I think it is time to evaluate what is out in the market.